Gender Sensitization Policy
Gender sensitization refers to the raising sensitization of gender equality concerns. Its main aim is to address the issues related to gender equality and encourage people to find various solutions.
To provide an integrated and interdisciplinary approach to know the social and cultural constructions of gender that shapes the experiences of girls and men in society. To provide awareness in reference to equality in law, in society and in democratic activities. Gender Sensitization Policy of Malwanchal University, Indore (M.P) determines the need of the hour is to bring women into the mainstream for the development of the society as a whole. The policy of our institute aims in developing a sustainable and inclusive environment by empowering the women and men so that they can contribute to the development of the community.
- Developing the sense of gender equality among all the male and female students of the college.
- Developing skills and self confidence among women is a necessary step for the participation in the development process of the nation.
- Maintaining a favorable and dignified atmosphere for women staff and girl students in the college by disallowing any act of harassment or exploitation.
- During admission women candidates are given preference
- Building a conducive environment to ensure equal opportunities for women to take up leadership positions in both Administrative and Academic areas.
- Promoting gender parity in various decision-making capacities.
- To develop and enhance leadership skills and organizational competence of female students and faculties.
- Extension services are conducted to create awareness on women related issues.
- Counseling, guidance and life skill education is provided to females.
- Various seminar/ workshops and lectures are organized to create consciousness and motivation for gender equality in several sections of the society.
- Raising awareness towards women’s role in socio-economic development of the society and nation.
- Engaging various stakeholders from school, college and society in various gender mainstreaming activities.
Gender sensitization committee:
- Dr. Anuradha Jain (IMCHRC) - Chairperson
- Dr. Poonam Tomar Rana (IIDS) – Secretary
- Dr. Sonali Mittal (IMCHRC) - Member
- Mrs. Sonika Shrivastava (Index Institute of Pharmacy) - Member
- Mr. Jitendra Chincholkar (Index Nursing College) - Member
- Dr. Shobhit Tiwari (Department of Physiotherapy and Paramedical Sciences) – Member
Responsibilities of Committee:
The chairperson shall –
- Preside over all the meetings
- Assign work and coordinate with members
- Appoint members for committee
- Represent the committee to the University
Frequency of Meetings:
- Quorum – Minimum one meeting per year should be organized.
- Presence of Chairperson and secretary is mandatory.
- At least 60% of members should be made available for each meeting.